(for RDH’s in Ontario, Canada)
The profession of dental hygiene has experienced some amazing changes recently.
Having a solid understanding of the ethics that guide the care that dental hygienists deliver is imperative. Keeping pace with the changes in legislation can seem overwhelming.
This course will address:
- "How did we get here?"
- CDHO Sexual Abuse Prevention Plan
- professional boundary issues
- mandatory reporting requirements
- misconduct, negligence and malpractice
- Professional Portfolio Requirements
- and much more...
An interactive time of discussion and networking that will positively impact your attitude as a professional, resulting in a productive change in your hygiene practice.
At the conclusion of the course the attendee will:
- have reviewed the CDHO Code of Ethics
- be familiar with the regulations surrounding misconduct, negligence and malpractice
- understand the ethical and legal responsibilities of a RDH
- determine what constitutes Sexual Abuse
- recognize the value of Self-Initiation
- be able to identify an Ethical Dilemma and use a structured format to resolve one